Cotman's parent body Places for People spends £200 million annually providing goods, services and works to customers across the UK.
The money is largely from public funds. There is a moral and legal duty to ensure that value for money is achieved. The procurement process must:
- Achieve value for money for Places for People and our customers
- Be transparent, fair and achieve the highest standards of integrity
- Comply with public procurement legislation and our own procedures, visions and values.
What we look for
- Financial, commercial and technical capability to meet our requirements
- Commitment to equal opportunities, environmental issues, safe systems of working and corporate responsibility
- If you're a contractor (building, grounds maintenance, cleaning etc) we encourage you to be Constructionline accredited and CHAS compliant or similar Safety Systems in Procurement (SSIP) as a pre-qualifying standard.
We are required to advertise certain contracts that exceed specified threshold levels in either or both of Contracts Finder and the Official Journal of the European Union.
By registering as a supplier you will be able to:
- Post a profile of your company, indicating what sorts of opportunity you are interested in
- Receive email notifications whenever opportunities matching your profile become available
- Register an expression of interest in a published opportunity
- Request contract documentation to be sent to you
Register as a supplier
You can register as a potential supplier, and view opportunities, on the Due North housing portal.
Details on our tender thresholds, procedures, evaluation and awarding process is available on the Places for People website.